Pioneer in short

MPs grill NTA DG over NEET-UG paper leak
Parliamentary panel members on Thursday sharply questioned National Testing Agency (NTA) officials over the NEET-UG 2026 paper leak, with MPs asking how the exam was compromised if the leak did not originate within the agency's system. During a meeting of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Education, Women, Children, Youth and Sports, NTA Director General Abhishek Singh said the paper "was not leaked through our system" and told members that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) was probing the matter. MPs then questioned why the exam had to be cancelled and retaken if no internal breach had occurred. Sources said Singh did not directly answer the query. NTA officials presented reforms proposed by the Radhakrishnan Committee, saying nearly 70 per cent of short-term measures had been implemented.
These include stricter SOPs, enhanced breach-management protocols and closer monitoring of malpractice. The agency said it was considering shifting NEET to a computer-based testing format and acknowledged a 25 per cent staff shortage. Officials said vacancies were being filled to strengthen operations and prevent future leaks. The NTA also informed the panel that malpractice inputs received on May 7 led to the cancellation of NEET-UG 2026 and a retest on June 21.









