Church condemns protests against Archbishop Joseph

The Syro-Malabar Church has condemned protests against Archbishop Joseph Pamplany, who is currently administering the Ernakulam-Angamaly Archdiocese, over the phased implementation of the unified Holy Mass.
In a statement issued on Saturday, the Church spokesperson said that since it was not possible to implement the unified mode of celebrating the Holy Mass in the Ernakulam-Angamaly Archdiocese immediately, the Synod had granted special permission to adopt it in a phased manner, prioritising ecclesial communion. The move to implement the unified Holy Mass across all dioceses of the Syro-Malabar Church, part of the Catholic Church, had been opposed by a section of the faithful and priests in the Ernakulam-Angamaly Archdiocese. Under the current arrangement, the unified Mass is being introduced only gradually in churches within the archdiocese.
However, protests against the decision have continued, targeting Archbishop Pamplany. The Church said such actions have “crossed all limits of Christian love” and are highly deplorable.
According to the statement, the pastoral atmosphere in the archdiocese had begun to calm after the phased implementation was announced.









