Bihar CM Samrat Choudhary announces free bus travel for NEET-UG 2026 Re-Exam candidates

Bihar Chief Minister Samrat Choudhary on Saturday announced free travel in all government buses across the state for candidates appearing in the NEET-UG 2026 re-examination.
Sharing the announcement on X, the Chief Minister said the move was aimed at ensuring convenience for students appearing in the examination scheduled for June 21.
Choudhary also appealed to monasteries, temples, district administrations and non-governmental organisations to help arrange drinking water, sattu and other basic facilities for students and their parents at bus stands, railway stations and other major public locations.
“For the convenience of all examinees appearing in the NEET examination, travel will be free on all government buses of the state of Bihar,” he said in the post.
The announcement comes amid continued political and public debate over the NEET-UG 2026 controversy following allegations of a paper leak that led to the cancellation of the examination held on May 3.
Earlier in the day, Union Minister and Lok Janshakti Party (Ram Vilas) chief Chirag Paswan criticised National Testing Agency (NTA) Director General Abhishek Singh over his remarks on the controversy and stressed the need to sensitise the system.
Calling the issue serious, Paswan said such incidents would not be acceptable in the future and emphasised the importance of restoring trust in competitive examinations.
According to sources, NTA officials informed the Parliamentary Standing Committee that only some questions had surfaced before the exam and that the entire paper had not been leaked. Officials also said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is probing the matter.
The re-examination will be conducted under enhanced security measures directed by the Union Education Ministry.















