The committee constituted to probe into the deaths of five inmates of Nirvan Rajkiye Bal Griha submitted its report to District Magistrate Visakh G late on Tuesday evening. Additional District Magistrate (Civil Supplies) Jyoti Gautam, who headed the five-member committee, said that all parameters were covered and nothing was left out in the probe.
“Each and everything has been covered which includes the reports from departments, including food, water and health, the documents regarding what the children used to eat. We have thoroughly studied all the material at hand,” she said, adding that they had a doctor in the team.
Besides Jyoti Gautam, the members of the probe committee included SDM Sarojini Nagar, ACM, Additional CMO and a representative from the office of the district probation officer.
Gautam said that they focussed on bringing out the facts in the stipulated time frame. Meanwhile, District Probationary Officer Vikas Singh said that the agency which was running the shelter home was getting Rs 2. 5 crore annually from the state government for the shelter home, including the salaries of the staff. He said Rs 4,000 was earmarked for each child under Mission Vatsalya.
Singh said that they were working on all the infrastructural problems which the Nirvan Rajkiye Bal Griha was facing.
Currently for which it had already received funds.