Floods affect 173 villages in 13 UP districts

Floods have affected 173 villages across 13 districts in Uttar Pradesh, impacting 84,362 people and around 13,058 hectares of land, officials said on Tuesday.
The flood situation is currently normal and under control, the state government said, adding that district administrations have been directed to remain fully prepared to shift affected people to safer locations and provide food, medical care and essential relief material.
According to the Office of State Relief Commissioner Hrishikesh Bhaskar Yashod, the affected districts are Badaun, Bahraich, Ballia, Barabanki, Bijnor, Farrukhabad, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Gonda, Kasganj, Lakhimpur Kheri, Muzaffarnagar, Sitapur and Unnao.
The Relief Commissioner's Office Control Room is maintaining continuous contact with the affected districts to monitor the situation. Complaints and information received through the 1070 helpline are also being addressed promptly.
More than 4,800 people have so far been moved from flood-affected areas to safer locations.
Yashod reviewed the flood situation and ongoing relief and rescue operations on Tuesday and directed district magistrates to shift affected people to relief camps or other safe locations as required.
He also instructed officials to ensure adequate supplies of food, medical facilities and essential relief material for affected families, while keeping all flood outposts operational.
Officials were also directed to continuously monitor river water levels and the flood situation and ensure adequate availability of boats, motorboats, rescue teams and other emergency resources.
A total of 1,589 flood outposts have been established across the state to assist affected people.
The state has also prepared 1,263 flood shelters, of which 41 are currently in use. These shelters are accommodating 1,045 people.
As part of the ongoing relief operations, 428 boats and motorboats and 1,101 local divers have been deployed. Authorities have so far distributed 15,238 food-grain packets and 30,316 lunch packets among affected people.
Sixteen National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams have been deployed across the state to respond to emergencies. State Disaster Response Force teams have also been deployed in several districts, while Provincial Armed Constabulary personnel have been deployed in 52 districts.
According to the Relief Commissioner's Office, 140.52 crore SMS alerts were sent to the public between August 1 and August 18 based on warnings issued by the weather department.
The government said information on flood prevention, safety measures and other disaster-related precautions is also being shared continuously through social media.















