UAE condemns Saudi claims over Yemen, denies role in escalating conflict

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has issued a strong response to recent Statements from Saudi Arabia that linked Abu Dhabi to escalating tensions in Yemen, rejecting what it described as “fundamental inaccuracies” regarding its role in the ongoing conflict.
The statement, released by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs, came amid rising regional concerns over military operations in Yemen’s southern governorates and strained relations between the two Gulf allies. In its detailed statement, the UAE categorically denied allegations that it had sought to inflame conflicts among Yemeni factions or encouraged military actions that could threaten Saudi Arabia’s security.
The ministry said the UAE “firmly rejects” any attempt to implicate it in internal Yemeni tensions and strongly denied claims that it had pressured or directed any Yemeni group to undertake operations undermining the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or targeting its borders.
The statement emphasized Abu Dhabi’s commitment to Saudi security and stability, reaffirming its respect for the Kingdom’s sovereignty. “The UAE remains unwavering in its support for the security and stability of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,” the ministry said. “We continue to maintain close coordination with Riyadh, as the fraternal and historic relationship between our two countries remains a cornerstone of regional stability.”
The UAE highlighted its approach to developments in Yemen’s Hadhramaut and Al-Mahrah governorates, stating that it has focused on de-escalation, tension containment, and civilian protection, in full coordination with Saudi Arabia.
Addressing recent claims linked to a military operation at the Port of Mukalla, the ministry rejected allegations that the UAE was fueling the Yemeni conflict. It clarified that a shipment targeted at the port did not contain weapons and that the vehicles involved were intended solely for UAE forces operating in Yemen, not for any Yemeni faction.
“The coalition military spokesperson’s statement on the operation was issued without consultation with coalition member states,” the ministry said. “There had been high-level coordination with Saudi Arabia regarding the vehicles, including an understanding that they would not leave the port. We were therefore surprised by their targeting.”
The UAE reiterated that its presence in Yemen is at the request of the internationally recognized Yemeni government and operates within the framework of the Saudi-led Arab Coalition.
Its objectives, it said, have been to support the restoration of legitimate governance, combat terrorism, and respect Yemen’s sovereignty, noting the sacrifices it has made since coalition operations began. The statement concluded with a call for restraint, verification of facts, and responsible handling of recent developments to prevent escalation and support the political process toward ending Yemen’s prolonged crisis amid continuing threats from terrorist groups.
The tensions follow a Saudi-led airstrike on the southern Yemeni port city of Mukalla on Tuesday, targeting what Riyadh described as a shipment of weapons intended for the UAE-backed Southern Transitional Council (STC). The Saudi military said the attack was carried out after ships arrived from Fujairah, a port city on the UAE’s eastern coast, carrying vehicles and equipment allegedly destined for separatist forces.
“The ships’ crew had disabled tracking devices aboard the vessels and unloaded a large amount of weapons and combat vehicles in support of the STC’s forces,” a Saudi military statement said. “Considering that the aforementioned weapons constitute an imminent threat, and an escalation that threatens peace and stability, the Coalition Air Force has conducted this morning a limited airstrike that targeted weapons and military vehicles offloaded from the two vessels in Mukalla.” Details regarding casualties or involvement of other coalition members remain unclear. Saudi authorities said the strike was timed to minimize collateral damage.
Footage released by Saudi state television showed armored vehicles moving through Mukalla to a staging area, consistent with social media reports documenting new military equipment arriving in the city. The STC had recently seized control of Mukalla in Hadhramaut governorate, some 480 kilometers northeast of Aden, the administrative center of anti-Houthi forces in southern Yemen. The Council’s advances have come at the expense of Saudi-backed forces, particularly the National Shield Forces, and coincided with increased public calls for renewed South Yemen independence.














