

Notwithstanding India's delay in giving a go-ahead for the proposed Indo-Pak bilateral series this month, former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram has advised the PCB against thinking about a boycott of the World T20 in India in March-April next year.
"I realise that the Indians have taken too much time over deciding on the bilateral series with Pakistan, but even if it does not happen now it will happen soon," Akram said.
"But yes I think the Indian board should also give a clear answer whether they want to play or not and put the issue aside," the Sultan of Swing added.
Akram however said the PCB should not even think about boycotting the World T20 for any reason.
"The World T20 is an ICC event and we should participate in it at all costs. If we don't it will harm us in the long run," Akram said.
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Shaharyar Khan has said that the PCB will seek security clearance from the government before deciding to send its team to India for the World T20.
"Not playing in the World T20 will only affect our players and our cricket. If India doesn't want to play with us fine we can also survive without playing them. But the problem of terrorism will not be finished even if we play or don't play," Akram opined.
The legendary left-armer said he had always got the same love and adulation in India that the people of Pakistan always have for Sachin Tendulkar.
"If we play bilateral cricket it is good for both countries," he said.
Akram also urged senior batsman Younis Khan and the national team head coach Waqar Younis to sit down and settle their differences.
"The way they are going at each other indirectly is not good for either of them or our cricket. If they have some issues they must sit down and discuss it and try to resolve it," he said.
PCB set to give up on series
Awaiting BCCI's response, the Pakistan Cricket Board is set to give up on the proposed bilateral series with India, with PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan chairman saying "we are closing this chapter now".
Shaharyar has written to the BCCI, asking the Indian board to come up with a definite decision on the series within 48 hours, failing which they would decide against playing India. They will take a final decision on Monday.
"Yes, we haven't received a reply from the BCCI till Saturday evening, therefore, we are closing this chapter now. We will, however, make an announcement in this regard by Monday," Shaharyar said.
He added: "We made every possible effort to play India and even changed the venue from the UAE to Sri lanka on BCCI's request, but our efforts went in vain. We signed a MoU with the BCCI last year and were sincere in playing cricket with them.
"Our failure to materialise the series disappointed millions of cricket fans all over the world, especially in India and Pakistan," Shaharyar concluded.