The Pioneer
BREAKING NEWS
No breaking news
August 20, 2026

Jagan challenges Naidu to CBI probe into DSC, Group-I exam irregularities

By Aishwarya Lakshmi T
Jagan challenges Naidu to CBI probe into DSC, Group-I exam irregularities

In a sharp political escalation over allegations of irregularities in government recruitment, YSRCP chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on Thursday, August 20 challenged Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu to order a CBI probe into both the DSC-2025 teacher recruitment and the 2018 Group-I examination, asserting that his party was fully prepared to face scrutiny.

Addressing a press conference at the YSRCP central office in Tadepalli, the former chief minister said the demand for a central probe was aimed at exposing the truth behind what he described as “serious irregularities” in the current recruitment process.

“I am throwing a challenge to you (Naidu) and your son (Nara Lokesh). We are ready for CBI (probe) on both. We are saying we are ready because we did not make any mistake. Are you ready? Not only DSC-2025 but also on 2018 Group-I notification we are ready for a CBI enquiry,” Reddy said.

Reddy strongly defended the 2018 Group-I examination conducted during his tenure, saying it was carried out transparently and strictly in line with court directions. He said the process had begun under the previous TDP government and was completed by the YSRCP administration without any irregularities.

He contrasted it with the ongoing DSC-2025 recruitment, under which nearly 16,000 teachers have been appointed, alleging that the process was “shady” from the stage of question paper preparation to final appointments.

According to Reddy, the established system of checks and balances was compromised by assigning both question paper compilation and examination conduct responsibilities to the same official, a move he claimed had been acknowledged in the Assembly by HRD Minister Nara Lokesh.

He further alleged that this structural lapse led to the leakage of the DSC question paper, though he did not provide direct evidence.

Reddy also referred to the case of Naveen Purama, alleging inconsistencies in his treatment during the recruitment process. He claimed Purama, an outsourced employee, had access to the question bank and later approached the court after being denied a call letter and having his login ID blocked.

He alleged that Purama’s name was removed from the second merit list to avoid controversy and prevent scrutiny of the selection process.

The YSRCP chief also raised objections to 372 sports quota appointments under DSC-2025, alleging that candidates were exempted from writing the examination through government orders that were later reversed.

He criticised the government’s comparison of these appointments with those of international sportspersons such as PV Sindhu, questioning the credentials of the selected candidates.

Reddy also reiterated that during the YSRCP regime, 1.3 lakh village secretariat employees were appointed without complaints or allegations of irregularities, and that no money-for-jobs scandal had ever emerged.

He demanded the resignation of HRD Minister Nara Lokesh, drawing parallels with national-level resignations in exam-related controversies, and accused the government of attempting to divert attention by raising unrelated issues.

The former chief minister also took a swipe at Chief Minister Naidu over his recent remark describing the fiscal deficit as a “myth”, questioning his understanding of economic issues.

Responding to the allegations, Lokesh said Reddy lacked clarity on basic administrative systems and confused APPSC with DSC examinations. He also accused the former chief minister of failing to conduct a single DSC recruitment during his tenure and of avoiding debate in the Assembly.

The exchange marks a fresh flashpoint in the ongoing political confrontation between the ruling TDP-led coalition and the opposition YSRCP over recruitment transparency in the state.

(With inputs from PTI)

0 Comments

Leave a Comment